Pentair Tagelus TA60. Repair or replace??

Jul 2, 2012
Trenton, NJ
Hi Everyone,

I need advice regarding my sand filter. I purchased my home a little over a year ago. The home has an inground pool, around 26k gallons. The existing filter is a Pentair TA60 sand filter. The filter had 2 issues... I can see sand in the pool during last summer, so I'm thinking one of the laterals might be damaged. In addition, there must have been a leak for the previous owner, because he sealed the pressure valve with an epoxy putty of some kind, so that valve is never coming off.

I figure I can either replace the valve head and laterals, and sand while I'm at it, or just buy a replacement, maybe the TA60D. Any thoughts on what would be the best way to go? And also, how difficult is it to repair this thing? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Repairing it is likely to be less work and less expensive. If you wanted to make a larger change, like to a cartridge filter, now would be the time. But if you are sticking with sand it is very likely to be simpler to repair it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.