Lowest outside temp to install a above ground pool?

Feb 22, 2013
My pool arrives today and I am eager to get started installing it, but I have concerns on what the outside air temp should be before I begin install? I live in Virginia and the temp now fluctuates from 30 degrees a couple of days ago, to this weekend the weatherman said it should be in the high 60's, maybe even breaking 70 degrees. That's just how VA weather is, it will fluctuate like that until late April...

Me personally,I'd like to have temps in 60 to 70 range or warmer The liner is easier to deal with when its warmer. What is your yard conditions like? Dry wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read that the liner will stretch and shrink during temp change at night... It averages about 25 to 39 degrees at night. Would that be an issue? I can hold off installing it until it gets warmer to prevent the risk of messing the pool up.. But I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, I can't wait to get moving on it and seeing it in my backyard...

From the start of filling with water till about 3/4s full it needs to be at least 60, preferably 70, and sunny, or 80 plus and cloudy. As long as you insure that, the nighttime temperature is not so important.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.