Aquacal heat/cool, pentair easy touch, and airflow

I am planning on installing an aquacal sq156r heat cool pump and an easy touch controller with the mobile screenlogic interface.

1) Will the pentair app for iPhone/ipad be able to switch the heat pump between heating and cooling modes?

2) Also, I am having an issue with how much airflow is needed for the heat pump.
As of now, my architect has the heat pump located underneath my AC units on the side of the house. So there is masonry block on three sides from pad to ceiling (8').
The fourth side is open (5' wide and 8' from pad to ceiling).

Is this enough airflow through a 5x8 opening? Should I tell my architect to build a half wall (4' high) on two sides with columns to support ceiling? Should we install louvers?

The issue is that the homeowners association requires all outdoor equipment to be concealed by a 4' high minimum masonry wall.

EDIT: The equipment pad is 5' wide by 16' long.
Also, should the heat pump be installed as close to the 5'x8' opening as possible?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Hi, I don't have any experience with your questions, but maybe I can help get things moving for you. I found this Pentair page that does list a heat pump under the easy touch control system. Pentair also has a discussion forum that may be helpful to you as well.

As for the installation of the heat pump I would think you would want to maximize the airflow to allow heat to dissipate.

Just curious if you did go with the AquaCal 156sr and what your experience has been? I live in the Dallas, TX area and we are in construction now and have ordered that same unit. It sure is a big box.......I won't face your issue as I am in stalling gear in a wide open area of the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.