Best Pool Cleaner Advice For Pool With Barstools

CivengPE

LifeTime Supporter
I just finished construction of our very first pool. One of the features we included was a swimup bar with bar stools in the pool. Well the Polaris 280 that came with the pool seems to love the bar stools a little too much! Everytime I go out back to check on him, he is just hanging out at the bar...

Is there a cleaner out there that will work around the bar stools that wont get stuck? It doesn't need to clean all the way around the stools, just not get stuck. I have tried shortening the leads to the 280, but now it won't reach other areas of the pool.

I have looked at the Dolphin DX5 Plus pool cleaner and don't mind spending the money if I can reasonably be sure that it will work. http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Dolphin- ... 381DX5.htm

Below is a photo of the bar area.

Any advice is most appreciated.

Pool+Bar.JPG

Everytime I go out back to check on him, he is just hanging out at the bar
I have relatives like that.

My intuition tells me you find anything that will work without hanging....despite what they might advertise.

If you don't want to manually vac the pool, then I think you might have to invent some kind of barrier to keep your buddy out of the bar....at least until Happy Hour

I have determined that a robot might actually be the right choice for me. The distance between the bar stools is 10"-12" and most robots are wider than this so getting stuck probably wont be an issue. do you guys have any advice on a make and model? I think I would like something that is somewhat "intelligent" in that it will automatically back up when it hits an obstruction, etc... I got a quote from pool supply world for a dolphin, but they won't allow returns even if it doesn't work well for my situation.

Dolphin has a model that is exclusively made for them and they will allow returns, but charge a 15% restocking fee.

Any advice?

I have determined that a robot might actually be the right choice for me. The distance between the bar stools is 10"-12" and most robots are wider than this so getting stuck probably wont be an issue. do you guys have any advice on a make and model? I think I would like something that is somewhat "intelligent" in that it will automatically back up when it hits an obstruction, etc... I got a quote from pool supply world for a dolphin, but they won't allow returns even if it doesn't work well for my situation.

Dolphin has a model that is exclusively made for them and they will allow returns, but charge a 15% restocking fee.

Any advice?
hate

to necro a 3 year old post, but i have this question as well. HAVE an eye on the triton plus right now

Wiil, consider buying from a local dealer who will let you try the robot and return it if it doesn't work for your setup. I purchased my M4 Dolphin a few years back that way. The indie pool store I dealt with was reasonably close on price to online sellers, but a bit more expensive than online sellers. It was worth it to trial the robot.

Btw, my M4 is now an "older" model by a few years, but it does easily back up from obstructions. I have an in-pool, sand-weighted table base it cleans around in a corner. Its less than perfect getting around a round object in terms of cleaning around a beveled edge and I do hand vac that area now and then, but it doesn't get hung up. Ymmv.

One pool I help with has a robot and an area that we don't want the robot to tackle (rock waterfall built down into the pool), so I arrange the cord to enter the pool at the point furthest from that area, with enough cord to reach close but not all the way. The robot can't reach that spot, so no harm is done. The rocks need brushing anyway, so I brush the sides of the pool in that spot at the same time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.