New Build Started Today! Cypress Texas

Sep 26, 2012
They are finally digging as I type!

Pool/spa Perimeter 130’
Pool/spa area 597 sq ft
Pool Size 35.2’ x 23’
Pool Depth 3.5’ 4’ 6.5’

I will try to post as progress is made! I finally decided to go with Salt vs. Chlorine and Ozone... just wanted easy maitenance and felt salt was more proven .... I am sure either would have been fine!

I am going with Tiger shark cleaner vs. polaris 280, I hope that is a good decision because we won't be plumbed for the 280 I don't guess.

Still have tile decision to make but I think I am going with nile blue Noble tile thanks to Waxahachie build and thier beautiful pool. We shall see, still need to get samples.

Attachments

• Kim_Gillihan final2_005.jpg
    Kim_Gillihan final2_005.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 903
We just built this past winter after living here 12 years. (We are in the Lakes. ) I have been saying the same thing - we are surrounded by pools. But I am the water junkie in the house. I figure build a pool right before your oldest's senior year and hopefully they won't be upset that you waited so long. Sometimes you just got to take the plunge. This forum has been great. It is amazing how inaccurate some of the local pool stores are in their testing. I go once a month to 'the big three' and have everything tested. All over the board - pretty scary to think that people depend on them to maintain their pools. Get your TF100 test kit for sure!

Oh wow.... you did wait a while. Better late than never. We did it now because my son is almost 5 and thought it was a great time to do it so he could grow up with it!

I am having a litte freak out that my pool is too big! Is that possible? I knew when they sprayed that it looked big.. I told my husband to go and stand in it so we could decide to bring it down a little, neighbors that were over said it was fine, rather be big than small.... and when I look at it, it is huge! Too late now of course, but wow, probably could have made it a bit smaller saved some money and still been super happy. Oh well, I wanted it bigger than my last one and it certainly is.

I can't get my steel pics to post, says its invalid... anyone know what I am doing wrong. I took it on my cell, then emailed it to myself.

Thanks, KIM

I am also having a freak out that we should have moved our tanning ledge closer to spa and not have it so far to the side of the pool. why do things look so differnt in the picture.... I should have had her do it so I could have seen it, I did think about it and now I am kicking myself for not because I think that would have been better. How is it that I have stared at these pictures for weeks and now its too late to change! I am crazy...

Does anyone else have these last minute freak outs when its too late?

I am feeling better now.. I am not good at these projects.

If someone can tell me why my pics aren't posting, I would love to post a bunch tomorrow with gunite etc.

Thanks a bunch. kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yay! Finally figured it out!! Here is a pic of steel... I will take more tomorrow before gunite. So hard to see all of it and tell what is what by this pic!

8538660712_4e03d02048.jpg

Well, they came to gunite at around 2 and got 3/4 of the way done and the truck generator broke! It was almost dark, so they are coming back in the morning..... I will post pics tomorrow or Sunday when I have time!

Thanks a bunch.. kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.