New Build Started Today! Cypress Texas

Texgirl, I so much feel your pain as to colors and placement. It seems so much today if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. My dad said that years ago and it has been pretty much right over the years, but it is almost impossible for one person to build and complete a pool.

I agree with others, that once the pool is filled, everything cleaned up, and everything looking nice that you may still notice, but everyone else won't give a hoot because they will be having SO much fun in that pool. You have to look at it that way. You pool looks great!! I for one, can't wait for the pictures of the completed pool.

Bob E.

Txgirl,

We got pluming and electrical around the pool yesterday. Stone work is going on it's 4th day and I have had to stay on them as they do good work if you tell them what to do. They started to do my spillway as a multi tier and not the double cut that we requested. I not really happy of how they did the coping. Some sections are good solid slabs and others are little slices put together. It looks as like they got tired of cutting the correct pieces in and just started making pieces fit. here are a couple of photos I took when I got home last night. I'll be talking to the PM this morning as I need to be at work.
8571764660_08916c1046_q.jpg

8570665669_9078e23b89_q.jpg

8571760934_be0c582b51_q.jpg

We got our decking done yesterday... I will be posting pics as soon as I can! We prep for plaster monday and plaster Tuesday! Yay!

Beware: DONT DO BUSINESS WITH POOLSINC.COM. I ordered my SR Smith Typhoon slide from them 2 weeks ago that was shown to be in stock... turns out they then had to order it from a supplier... they kept giving me the run around, never could get a tracking number. I asked them to cancel my order and was told I couldn't!!! Can you believe it! Crazy.. so I had to dispute my charge with my CC company and order it elsewhere.. poolsunlimited. Anyway, just a warning.. do not be fooled.

I like the stacked spillway as well and our plan was to go that way until we started looking at ways to cut cost. Our PB suggested the double cut as it would be a little cheaper due to less stone work, but after watching him do it I'm not sure it was. We ended up liking the double cut more as it fit our stone work rally well. There are so many things going on in these pools it is easy to miss things. I did not give it much thought about the whole spa inside that much. We have no seating in front of the spillway while Texgirl's does. We also do not have a step out like she does. I can't wait to see what our spillway looks like with water going over it as it is over 5' wide. It looks huge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gumby- good. I am glad you like it! It is pretty from that angle. When do they start on yours?

txsteel- I totally hear ya on so much going on! I love your spillway too as I didn't even know it was an option and it does look like more work! As far as spa, that is strange that you don't have a bench going all the way around, wonder why not? I have seen some like that but seems all the way around is more typical. I am so glad we have a little step but I don't think alot of builders to do them. My neighbors had a pool built last summer and they don't have a step and like you didn't even think about it... seeing their pool I asked my builder and he does them standard. I figure it will help to be able to get in and out etc. But, you will be fine, just have to sit down first and swing in vs. step in... and you don't lose any seating that way as well. So, there are pros and cons to both!

There are soooo many things to think about!

I have about driven myself crazy with my mosaics, I sure hope you will be able to see them well!! I will have sea turtles going into the pool, and 3 starfish and 1 crab on my sunshelf! And a hidden Nemo on the side of the pool for the kids to find!

Waiting on my slide to arrive! My son turns 5 on april 14th.. we are having his party on 27th.. had to push it out due to tball games! Just gives us more time to get yard etc back in order anyway! we could sure use more time.

Have a great day! KIM

Texgirl,

Sounds like that will be a good birthday party and you should be pretty much done. The question I would have is when can you turn the heater on and if not by then how cold will the water be.

Txsteel- yes, great question! You can use heater 3 weeks after plaster.... so we will be OK! We are heating it for sure... won't be warm enough by then.. really if I remember correctly mid to end of May is when the water gets warm enough!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.