When to filter and where to point the jets...

Kwikee

Feb 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Ok, still learning heaps about keeping pools, and on to the next question!
I was advised to run my filter ( sand) for 6-8hrs a day during the warmer months, and have been doing so for 6hrs between 11 and 5pm, then 2hrs at 2-4am. Does this sound about right?
Also, the return jets were initially pointing toward the surface of the pool, which would mean only really the top layer of water is bent circulated, wouldn't it? I have since pointed them deeper into the pool and a different direction, and this works better from a skimming perspective, but worse for settled debris. How do you know which s the right way to point your jets?

In my opinion, you should get your water circulating in the same direction your toilet water does. This is overall more efficient due to the rotation of the earth, as far as how deep to point them, I would just make sure that there are no "dead" zones in your pool. You want to get the most water moving you can.

How do you know which s the right way to point your jets?
Do what makes sense. There is no absolute rule because each pool is different. Certainly point the jets downward to move ALL the water is usually best.

Pump run time is individual, too. What you are doing sounds about right. You could cut it back some to see if the pool stays clean or, if it is not staying clean already, you will need to increase it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.