Pump Bonding Inspection??

Fields

Jan 31, 2013
Columbia, SC
Hello my fellow pool lovers, I will be having my ABG pool installed in a couple of weeks,(earlier if the weather permits) I'm trying to make sure I have everything I may need on my end already set up. The company that will be installing the pool doesn't do any electrical. So we have to find someone to do it for us. My question is once we get the electrical work done, will we have to have it inspected?

Did you need a permit for getting the pool in place? If not, you probably don't need electrical but local building codes are different, as JasonLion suggests....you'll have to check.

As stated above, the rules at your locality dictate whether you have to have a mandated inspection, but even if you're not required you should make sure that the bonding and electrical is done to meet code.

Our province dosn't require inspections for work under $500, it's considered a simple home improvement project well within a licenced electricians capabiliites, anything over requries an inspection. Not sure what your area requires but the electrician can tell you that ahead of time.

Also, you can get the electrical installed adn inspected before the pool is installed, I could be wrong but I doubt the inspector will focus on what's getting plugged in, as long as the connnections are proper and everything is rated properly.
Also, a bit of a generalization but from my own experience I'd be surprised if the electrian and/or inspector know much about bonding an AGP, I could be wrong though. The electricians I interviewed didn't seem to know anything about pools, I had to show them the pump manual so they could assess what was needed, they didn't even mention bonding the pool or wanting that work.

Ironically, the building inspector didn't give the pool a second thought, he pretty much just looked at the deck stairs and railing heights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.