stainless steel pool seams leaking

Mar 5, 2013
I purchased a home three years ago that has a stainless steel walled pool. This is my fourth home with a pool but the first non vinyl liner type. The vertical seams have had a caulking type substance applied to repair leaks by previous owner. I have tried in vain to find out what product they used. It is grey, sticks underwater and is still malable after being applied approx six years ago.
Can anyone help me out. Loosing a fair amount of water out and it is passing through the seams. If you know what this product is and where it can be purchased any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is a alternative product please let me know too. Thank You in advance

I have never used it for the specific purpose you are needing it for, but we have been successful using 3M 5200 for underwater sealing. Of course it has to be applied to a dry surface and allowed to set for 48 hours, but it seems to do the trick. It can be used to repair boat hulls, including steel boats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.