Under construction in McKinney Tx (Complete)

txsteel

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
Dig starts today, too bad I need to be in a meeting at noon.

8530549901_52181e2baf_z.jpg

Re: Under construction in McKinney Tx

Looking good. How deep is your pool? I am stressing as usual over every decision I make... is it right... etc.

we are doing 3.5 to 6.5 with quite a bit shallow area to say 4.5 for volleyball. I hope it works out like I want since that is the whole reason I chose this pool shape! Oh geeze... the stress of it all.

Thanks! KIM

Our pool depth is 3.5' 4.5' and 6' My wife wanted the volleyball and I wanted the deep end WE have it setup so we can do both, but not perfect.

8517829843_3ca222c8bf_z.jpg

Texgirl said:
Looking good. How deep is your pool? I am stressing as usual over every decision I make... is it right... etc.

we are doing 3.5 to 6.5 with quite a bit shallow area to say 4.5 for volleyball. I hope it works out like I want since that is the whole reason I chose this pool shape! Oh geeze... the stress of it all.

Thanks! KIM

How funny, that is what I tried to do too! Trying to get the best of both worlds. Hope it works out for both of us. Your is alot like mine in that you have that area that curves off for the deep end.. I did the same thing. I went to 6.5 because of my little boy as he grows I was so afraid of diving even though I will say no, I know they will a little, so wanted a fairly deep end for lots of jumping etc.!

I am so stressed about this whole thing, I so hope it turns out the way I planned because I have put hours and days into these decisions!

I'll post a pic so you can see how much they are alike!

Thanks a bunch.. kim

Attachments

• Kim_Gillihan final2_005.jpg
    Kim_Gillihan final2_005.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 1,188
  • Kim_Gillihan slide2_003 (2).jpg
    Kim_Gillihan slide2_003 (2).jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,187

Thanks We love her too. She's an 8 month old fox red lab

We'll get gunite Monday or Tuesday, depending on inspection. They were ready on Friday, but the HOA never sent the final papers for the inspector.

Texgirl said:
Love your dog! Great picture! We are 3/4 gunited... truck broke and they have to come back tomorrow morning....

When do you get to Gunite?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Just a quick question..... I am at work and can't see your pics so this may already be answered. Do you have the two main drain set up or some other anti-entrapment device??? If so the SVRS on the intelliflow is not needed and can save a few bucks. I would also add that with the pool /spa combo and the SWG and VS pump for a little more now you could get the automation and not kick yourself in a few years for not starting out with it!!!

BHal235, thanks

Yes I have the 2 main drains, but the connect into one return line. I'll have to look into the SVRS savings.

I have easytouch 4 being installed.

BHall235 said:
Just a quick question..... I am at work and can't see your pics so this may already be answered. Do you have the two main drain set up or some other anti-entrapment device??? If so the SVRS on the intelliflow is not needed and can save a few bucks. I would also add that with the pool /spa combo and the SWG and VS pump for a little more now you could get the automation and not kick yourself in a few years for not starting out with it!!!

Ok I just saw the 2 time clock and know that I am switching out to Automation in the next few weeks. Its a little bit of a savings when done up front!!!

Looks GREAT you will have a blast!!

I know its easy to spend other peoples money... but you might want to just install an Easytouch 8, if the difference isn't too much. With my pool / spa / waterfall pool the Easytouch 4's relays were all used up. Since I planned on adding things in the future, like low voltage landscape lights, Gazebo, BBQ island, I added the extra four relays with the Easytouch 8. Now I have a few to spare.

Killer95Stang said:
I know its easy to spend other peoples money... but you might want to just install an Easytouch 8, if the difference isn't too much. With my pool / spa / waterfall pool the Easytouch 4's relays were all used up. Since I planned on adding things in the future, like low voltage landscape lights, Gazebo, BBQ island, I added the extra four relays with the Easytouch 8. Now I have a few to spare.

He's right about that! Easier and cheaper to do it now. You may not think you need them now, but you will.

TxALH,

We decided to go with Foley's We talked with Southernwind, Hobert, Artesian and a couple other phone discussions. We have a couple of friends in our neighbor hood who had their pools built by Foley's and we really like Rick Foley the sales person we dealt with.

TxALH said:
Would you mind sharing who your PB is? I am also in McKinney and we are just getting started in the process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.