Manual vacuum head for AG pool

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
My vacuum head broke today. No big loss... it's the one that came with my pool and I never cared much for it. Before I go shopping, I thought I would ask... Does anyone have a manual vacuum head you really like?

I do have an Aquabug, too, but can't use it much at the beginning and end of the summer when I am still using the solar cover.

All I've ever seen are two kinds: the triangular one and the rectangular one. I use the triangular head because it fits up the coved side of the pool. The trick with manual vac heads is that they stay flat on the bottom to maintain the water suction. I always figured the rectangle wouldn't work as well on the coved part so I've stuck with the triangle.

AnnaK

Yes, I ordered the "deluxe" triangular one from Leslie's but they haven't shipped it yet. I got the deluxe one because it swivels where the hose attaches. I think that was my biggest frustration with my old one--it didn't swivel. I originally had the hose that could rotate, but the puppy got to that hose years ago and I was using a non-swivel hose.

I suppose I could have just gotten a replacement handle for the ancient one, but I think the swivel thingie will be a big help.

Grrrr! I ordered the vacuum from Leslie's on May 21. Here it is June 6 and they still have not shipped it. I'm sitting here listening to the hold recording about how they care so much about customer satisfaction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.