Pentair Easy Touch Remote Broken Button

G

Hi all - first post.

I have a Pentair Easy Touch 8 panel and the optional remote. I have a San Juan fiberglass pool with a built in spa. I use the remote to activate the diverter values which isolates the spa and then increases the heat. My problem is the "SPA" button on the remote no longer works. Is there a way to program one of the unused function buttons to do this action? This was the main function of the remote and it's over $500 to replace just for one button. I am also happy to buy a programmable RF remote but it can't learn the function unless I have a working remote.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

You would need to switch the relay wiring outside in the controller outside. Do you have unused relays in the controller outside? If you go to the controller outside, does the corresponding button work for the spa? Just to make sure it's your remote that has the issue.

If you go to the panel inside, you can change the location of the spa button. Hit the menu button, scroll to settings, hit select, scroll to is4 hit select. At this point, you need to decide which function you want to sacrifice to put the spa in its place. Once you decide, scroll to that button (1, 2, 3, or 4), and hit select, then scroll to spa and hit select. You are done. Now if the original button failed in a way where it is making momentary contact, you will want to assign that button to "none".

Thank you for both of your responses. The SPA button on the panel does work. This is the only way to activate the spa function to work. Unfortunately my pool is in a 6' high retaining wall and my panel is behind it, so access to the panel is not easy.

I will be opening the pool in the next month or so and will try Pool Clown's instructions. Should save $500 to replace the remote.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.