New Stenner Pump installation

rjward

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 1, 2012
Cypress, TX
Hello everyone. Thanks for all of the information that has been shared on this forum.

After reading everything that I could regarding using a Stenner pump for bleach automation, I decided to take the plunge and could not be happier. In hopes of giving back something to the group I am posting a link to pics of my project. I hope it works - I have never used photobucket before and in the FAQ it looks like that may be a preferred way of posting pics. Please let me know if I post the link incorrectly or if I need to post them directly until my 200 post threshold.

A few notes about tweaks that I did on the project:

1) I wanted to put everything in a small cabinet to protect the pump from the elements. Probably not needed, but it was an excuse to build a PVC stand. I also use the cabinet to store spare parts, funnels etc.

2) I opted for the flow indicator which I mounted on the side of the cabinet. This way when traveling I can ask my wife if the little ball is bouncing when the pump is supposed to be running.

3) I automated the timing with my Easytouch using a relay connected outlet. This allows me to assign pump speeds to ensure the pump is running when pumping and also to give me a lit button when it is running. It is also nice to be able to touch a button and know that my chlorine is going up by 1ppm (using an egg timer schedule)

4) I am using my Rainbow 320 as the insertion point. I opted for the lower port in hopes that the flowing water would prevent buildup. This also allows me to use pucks if needed as I built a PVC standoff to raise the plastic grate over the insertion point. Pictures of the standoff are in the album.

5) I created a safety label for my bleach tank - let me know if interested and I am more than happy to share.

Again - many thanks for all the info on this site. I hope that something in this project is informative for someone.

http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ner%20Pump

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.