is4 spa side remote

Mar 3, 2013
Bakersfield
Wow I love this site. New member. My pool controls are pentair. Control panel, wireless remote and spa side remote. I have flawless performance from my unit until Sept 2012 ( new 2009) then the is4 spa side remote quit functioning. I ordered a new is4 replaced it. The new is4 spa side remote doesn't work maybe I jumped the gun replacing it. Do I need to shut off all power and reset the controller ?

Probably someone better informed will reply soon but by control panel, do you mean you have something like an Aqualink panel inside the house? When our spa side control began misbehaving (lights on and off at weird times -scary to think what could have been damaged with random operations) we used the inside Aqualink panel to deactivate the spa side control. Have you checked that possibility?

Follow up

I took a logical approach and looked at the settings on the easy touch remote. I discovered the setting for the spa side switch was turned off. I enabled the setting now the iS4 spa side switch works. Just to make sure I didn't waste money on the new switch, I wired in the old one temporarily. It did not work. So lesson learned check panel settings first.

wwsqeek
" Jack off all trades, master of none"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.