Are these levels pretty good?

adamjn

Feb 14, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys - been going through the pool school a lot and have learned quite a bit. I picked up the Taylor-k 2006 test kit and wanted to see what you guys think of my chemical balance. Based on what I've read, and what the pool calculator tells me, I think I'm doing ok, but have a concern on my TA.

pH 7.4 (yesterday it was 7.6, not sure why it went down...warmer weather?)
FC 4 ( I try to keep it between 4-5, using Bleach)
CYA 40 (When I do the test, it looks closest to the 40 mark)
TA 130 (Not sure if this is too high, brought it down from nearly 200 when I first got the house and the pool)
CC 0 (though it's jumped around between .2 - .4 with the windy weather we've had)
CH 270 (Haven't checked it in about 2 weeks though)

I have roughly a 14000 gallon pool, Plaster, and the current water temp is about 55F - yesterday it peaked at 60F

My pump looks to be an older WisperFlo model, .75HP, and I have a Hayward Sand Filter.

Water looks really clear, and other than what appear to be some calcium and metal stains the older owners left behind, it all looks great. I've tried the Trichlor test on some of the stains and didn't see a change, and also a Vitamin C test, but I didn't see much change in that either. The staining almost looks like dirt that is stuck in the rough patches of the plaster.

Anyhow, appreciate any thoughts! I want to chemical balance to be as near perfect as I can get before the swim season starts, and here in AZ, that could be as soon as April.

That looks very good.

Slightly high TA is not a problem unless you have a waterfall, fountain, or SWG.

CC at 0.4 is a little iffy, 0 and 0.2 are both fine. As long as it only occasionally goes up to 0.4 and doesn't stay there your CC is fine.

JasonLion said:
That looks very good.

Slightly high TA is not a problem unless you have a waterfall, fountain, or SWG.

CC at 0.4 is a little iffy, 0 and 0.2 are both fine. As long as it only occasionally goes up to 0.4 and doesn't stay there your CC is fine.

Thank you for the input - the CC was a worry too. I noticed someone on the site had posted in another thread that he has seen his CC jump around in windy weather, so I figured this was normal. I've been keeping my eye on it though. I would say most of the time it stays at 0, and I've only seen it jump up with windy weather dumping leaves and yard debris in the pool. Once I get it all cleaned out, retest the next day, it goes back to 0.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.