Color of decking around pool

Jan 21, 2013
We are buying an AGP and plan to sink it and add decking all the way around. I'm concerned about the temp of the deck in the summer. We live in Middle GA and temps here get ridiculous. I don't want the deck to burn our feet. Is there a treatment or color we can paint it to help reduce the heat it keeps?

Normally, pressure treated can't get hot enough to be uncomfortable. A natural stain an/or sealer to help it withstand the sun/moisture beating is very helpful but you don't have to worry about it being too hot.

I think it really depends on where you live and sun exposure. Here in Kansas the sun exposure on our 2story deck is sun up to sun down and our pressure treated wood gets way too hot to walk on in bare feet. I even sanded the entire deck and restrained in a light beige/yellow to help reduce the heat. Didn't help much so I'm adding a pergola.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.