winter pool cover issue

We have had couple of good blasts of snow, followed by some warm weather. I came home today and found that the ratchet tie mechanism had broken and the cord came loose and now the weight of the snow on the cover pulled the cover off the top rail.

I inspected the pool and all is well, no damage what so ever. The cover however can not be pulled back its to heavily weighted down by snow.

my concern is not the cover blowing off as the weight of snow will keep in there. but the outer edge of the cover exposes the pool water.

Not sure what i should do at this point. It seems i am going to have to ride it out and when the snow starts melting I should get my utility pump to drain the water from the cover.

Any suggestions on what else i could do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ha......I had the SAME exact problem as you. We got lots of snow here, and melting and more snow...etc etc....my pool winter cover sagged so much that the cable broke and now the entire winter cover is in the pool with tons of snow on top. I am waiting for it to thaw..and will pump all the melted snow off and drag the thing off when I can....and will replace the cable with a heavier cable for next season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.