Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone have a Weber Summit Gold 6 burner gas grill?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone have a Weber Summit Gold 6 burner gas grill?

I'm looking at buying one of these and was curious as to whether anyone owns or has used one. I know Weber is a great brand, but anything else on this particular grill?

thanks,
    dave
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2
    I don't have the gold but I have the platinum and I absolutely love it. I think the gold comes standard with just a few more features than mine. So I would guess if mine is good the Gold is even better. It grills very evenly. I like the outside burner features. It is also pretty efficient as I don't need much propane as I used to. You won't be disappointed.
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

That's good to hear. I found a used one, 3 years old for ~$500 that I"m going to go look at tomorrow.

It is already plumbed for natural gas, which is great for me. I don't believe it is hooked up right now, so I'm a little worried about not being able to fire it up and see it running.

My understanding is the warranty through Weber is pretty good, so I may go for it anyway. Seems like a good price anyway.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

4. Back To Top    #4
    Yeah that is a good price. Mine was 1300 new. When it came it had a few scratches and I'm a perfectionist. Weber had me new parts next day so it was perfect when I put it together. I've had a strip down weber before and we had a wind storm. The wind picked my grill off the deck and threw it I called Weber for parts to fix it and they warrantied it and sent me new parts and paint for free. They didn't even ask questions. I did tell them about the wind but they just said thats ok we'll take care of it. That is worth its weight in gold (pun intended)
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

5. Back To Top    #5

I picked it up today and got it all hooked up to my natural gas and it lit it up. Very nice. They even had the original receipt for me.

I think I'll really enjoy this. Gotta love Craigslist.