Flowtec seal

Jan 25, 2013
Charlotte NC
Hey Group, I ran a search on this and came up empty so sorry in advance if this has been addressed. My Flowtec 1hp pump has a significant amount of air in the top. I have changed the o-ring once on it and tried to lube the o-ring before tightening but no luck. My old Wayne pump that this replaced did not have any leakage/bubble issues. I'm just wondering if this is common with the Flowtec pumps? It also "burps" about a 1/2 a cup of water when the pump is turned off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Burping is common with many pumps because a IG pump lid is made to seal under suction and not so much under pressure. So sometimes when shutting off a pump, a pressure wave is created as water in rushes into the pump basket and squirt out of the lid.

As for the bubble, have you also checked the pump drain plugs? Another source is any valve on the suction side of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.