LA's Totally Awesome Bleach

At the LA's Totally Awesome website, the product page is a compendium of contradictions.

http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/html/Products_Household_Bleach.html

The FAQs appear to be for their cleaner product, not their bleach. The available sizes don't match the 96oz size you got.

Suggest you give them a call and find out about the concentration but I'm guessing it's very low (3-4%) and don't think a scented product is what you want for a pool.

Gregg

yeah, it's a bit like reading the User Manual for a tool from Harbor Freight - you're better off just figuring it out yourself

I was hoping someone had used it and estimated a concentration based on the results

Fresh Scent may just be a marketing term - it smells like bleach to me

I agree with Gregg, it's most likely 3% or so. I highly doubt it's 6%.

If you normally use bleach and you know how much it takes to raise the FC a certain ppm then add that much of the above bleach and test and see if it raises it the same. That'll tell you if it's the same strength as what you normally use.

The rate of decay mostly depends on how strong it started, but more importantly, temperature and light exposure during storage. Chemgeek posted a chart awhile back that gave the halflife of various concentrations at various temps, and it was actually pretty long.

Last spring Menard's had a ridiculous BOGO sale on 12%. I bought sixteen bottles and had no problems for 2 months. Then over Memorial Day weekend I bought about 6 more cases at an Ace Hardware sale, and that lasted another 10 wks. I stored it in my basement in a closet, so it was cold and dark, and all of my bleach additions resulted in tests that were spot on.

This spring when Menard's has their BOGO sale, I'm buying 8 cases, and that should get me through almost the whole summer.

Sent from my Exhibit II using Tapatalk.

Ok, my wife buys this junk and it seems to work well for the washing, but how can I test it as the LA Totally Awesome sits is of no use. I called them and was told they would send me as MSDS but so far nothing. I would really like to figure it out as I am really having fun with the BBB method. :whoot:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thanks for replying on what may well be the %. BTW I called sinced I posted for an MSDS again they said they would and again no word. So that's a cinch for 2% maybe. Ill look elsewhere...again thanks

Keep in mind, I'm in no way an expert. All I've learned, is just from Personal Experience.

But, I *today* purchased a bottle of this stuff.. and, I have a extremely strong feeling, this stuff is more than 3%.

No. There isn't a amount of Sodium Hypo Listed.... but, unlike the cheapie 2.75/3% Liquids, the liquid is actually a darker yellow, not a light, barely noticeable one. That, and the Bleach actually smells strong. Now.. I wouldn't say it's 8.25, because, it's not, *eye watering* but, it does seem pretty close. It really does hit you in the face, something the 3% wouldn't do.

Keep in mind, I'm not an expert, but, I'd imagine this stuff, atleast my bottle, is about 5.25 or 6% at least. I've noticed that some bottles (of Store Brands) can be stronger than others, so maybe mine was just a fluke, but, if you have a $1 to spare, this brand might be worth retrying.

If you are pretty close on your pool volume, it will be more than adequate for an estimated dose/strength. You cannot measure bleach strength directly without a specific kit. Otherwise it has to be done with dilution. Doing so in a clean pool is sufficient.

I did a test today. The cheapo $1 bleach from HEB only raised the FC 1 point (should be no big surprise). The $3 HEB brand, Bravo, raised it 5 (agrees with the poolmath calc). Going by the poolmath calc, the $1 bleach is 2.25% strength. Not worth the "savings".

At my DollarTree, they have the full gallon Awesome Bleach. I buy it by the case. It is dated within a week or so of when I buy it. I've tested it to be 5.5 to 6% Using the dilution method mentioned in other posts. The smaller one they sell tests between 3.5 and 4.5%

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.