TF100 first test, clear/green tint water

Sep 1, 2011
The water is clear but has a green tint to it, I just got my new test get and want to get started getting ready for spring. I will do the overnight test for FC tonight.

FC 4.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 30-40
CH 110
CYA 20

Water temp 47 degrees

The pool is only about a year old, have not had any problems with metal. The chlorine got very low, down to almost nothing about a month ago, after being neglected throughout December. I had made the mistake of thinking it was too cold to worry about.

Start by raising the FC up to shock level and performing the OCLT. If you fail, that confirms the presence of something organic in the water and then you should continue the shock process.

No. I was only suggesting the OCLT to help determine if the green is organic or not. If you have a large FC loss overnight, that points to algae and not metal and then you would perform the shock process. If you do not have a large FC loss, that reduces the odds of the green being due to algae and then would point you to dealing with the metals ... By using a sequestrant.

Last night FC 4.5 this morning it is at 3.5-4 it was almost clear at 3.5 completely clear at 4.

If it is not some type of algae, where would metal in the pool come from I haven't filled it or added water lately.

You technically passed the OCLT, but you should raise it to shock level FC and run it again. Just to be sure.
You didn't list CC's in your OCLT and that's part of it.

Do you have a lot of trees around the pool that's dropped leaves in it?

With the water temp at 47ºF I suspect your swg isn't making chlorine so how are you keeping the FC up?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Either Bleach or liquid chlorine ... same stuff the LC from pool stores is stronger 10-12%, but the plain old 6% or 8.25% bleach is usually cheaper per ppm of FC.

Just make sure there is no additive in the bleach ... like smells or splash-free, etc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.