water outside edge of pool

Jan 28, 2013
Hi,
I have a pool under construction. They shot the shotcrete 9 days ago. We had several days of heavy rain since, but dry for the past 4 days. I have an area outside the pool where I'm seeing water collect. I have a call into my contractor to come out and take a look. He said it probably was water just seeping up ... being pushed up by the pool. I have read this elsewhere on the internet as well, but I'm concerned that we might have a leak in the pipes. He had me look at a pressure gauge that is connected and it does show 35 (psi ... I think). Should I be concerned at all?

Although, 35 psi is a pretty high pressure. How large is your pump, what size/model filter? Any other details that could explain that?

If the water was coming from the pool enough to make the ground that wet, I would think you would have noticed the pool water level go down over the last 4 days. There is always the bucket method to see if your pool has a leak.

Welcome to tfp, kmclaurin :wave:

Assuming your pool isn't plastered yet, then I assume that the pb left the pipes pressurized to look for leaks? Is the pool full and pump running or did they leave the pipes sealed in the process of performing a leak test?

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm OK. The water level that I'm seeing at the spot outside the pool has "stableized" and the pressure is consistant. I don't have a pump installed yet. They just have a gauge attached to some of the plumbing at the side of my house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.