Planning for acid wash

Feb 21, 2013
Hi All,

I am planning on having my pool completely drained and acid washed. The pool is about 6 years old, it has some light white staining on the bottom and some surface calcium scaling - hardness 700 , high CYA and high TDS.
I'll have a local neighborhood pro doing this for me, but still little nervous about it, so I want to ensure everything is handled correctly.

My questions are:
What is the correct process to follow during the acid wash? The pro mentioned he will mix acid/water, brush the walls and bottom and rince all with pressure muzzle attached to a water house.
Is a power wash needed as final step?
Is any polishing involved?
How many bags of salt do I need initially for an Autopilot SWG setup.?
Ather suggestions to keep in mind?

Lap shape pool approx 40k gallons located in Phoenix metro.
Thank you all in advance for the advice.

I don't know much about acid washing, but there are a bunch of threads here about it. If you haven't already, you should probably read through a few.

Since you're in Phoenix, your fill water is most likely going to be high in CH and and I'd suggest that you actually test the fill water before refilling it. It may be worth it to supplement it with some low or CH free water.

If you don't have a good test kit, now would be the time to order one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.