TF-100 order from TD Chlorinators

Kwikee

Feb 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Ordered a Tf100 kit from TD Chlorinators (Australia) last Wednesday, shipping to Melbourne, but haven't seen it yet. Anyone else who has ordered from them, how long did it take to get yours? I get stuff from O/S frequently and can get items from Hong Kong in 5 days. I figured 3 or 4 days might cover it.

The kit is great. Testing is easy and gives an accurate, repeatable result. I've had high CYA levels and have been diluting, as well as issues with algae and more recently, a need to shock after rainfall. This kit makes it easy to get a quick and accurate reading of where things are at with the pool and then know exactly what is required to get it back in balance. Very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone who owns and maintains their own pool.

Last test it was 60. Just got my water bill too, and our daily water usage is 800L a day! A few vacuums to waste and top ups, and it seems pretty good now. They do say the pool shops are notorious for getting the CYA level wrong, but mine was definitely high. Using a lot less Cl now!

Great.

I think certain pool shops like to get the CYA levels right up to sky high, then have some real fun selling you snake oil and hocus pocus when your water starts behaving unpredictable.

I was cleaning out some old receipts yesterday and found a receipt for a bucket of Bioguard Smart Sticks. Over $110 they cost! And all the time you are using those your CYA levels slowly creeping up.

CYA 60 you should be able to see out the season without any more vaccum to waste/tops ups. There isn't much swimming left in this season in a few weeks...

I was told by the woman we bought the house from to just use HyClor chlorine tablets, a tablet in the skimmer every 2nd day. No wonder the CYA was high, and I also wonder what the pool was like before we saw it if that was the extent of her maintenance routine!
The pool shop also told me there was no difference between granulated and liquid chlorine, and now my calcium hardness is 360.
Anyway, will switch to liquid Cl after this granulated runs out, and with this kit I feel more confident of keeping it all within the limits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.