Missing Controller Remote

Feb 25, 2013
Last year I bought a house with a pool and have been working to figure out all of this maintenance business. This was made more difficult in that the previous owners had a wireless pool controller but did not leave the controller unit with us. All that is there is the antenna with the markings Waterpik Technologies Model 8242 on it that is still connected to the control panel. I don't know what I need to get to be able to control this. The guy from the pool company that I paid to check the equipment and give me a walkthrough on its maintenance had a device that he was able to plug into the panel and program the amount of time the pump/filter would run and at what time but since then there was a power outage and that was somehow reset to some default setting to where it now runs sometime in the middle of the night for I'm not sure how long. I'd like to be able to program this be it at the panel or remotely without paying an arm and a leg to do so. What do I need to be able to do this?

Thanks,
Frustrated Pool Owner

Chances are the programs are still there. What may have happened is, the backup battery is dead and when you lost and then regained power, the clock reset back to 12:00. Replace the 9v battery, and see if your pool guy will come back and reset the time for you. At least it will run like it did before until you can get the PDA/Aquapalm.

I can definitely do that but my concern is that I need to know what my most economical options are as far as being able to do it myself. I'd like to be able to adjust the amount of time it is running, the time of day it is running (so I can start running it through the solar this spring to warm things up when the sun is overhead), etc. Can one get one of the controllers similar to what the pool guy had that plugged into the panel? I don't really care whether I am able to do it remotely as it isn't that far from the house/pool, I just need to be able to control it and I have to do it on a budget (also have to replace pool vacuum this spring as well). It seems that everything for a pool is 100 times more expensive than it needs to be. Paying $500 for a plastic pool vacuum with half a dozen moving parts when you can move indoors and get one of the best vacuums on the market for that price with a far more complex makeup. Crazy.

Pool Clown said:
The wired controller is available by itself. Unfortunately, it is about as much as the wireless.

Google: Jandy PDA or one touch

I've been trying to figure out which units are compatible with mine and found one that stated Jandy AquaPalm Handheld Wireless Remote with J-box Transciever that appears to be compatible if I have Rev M or later on my control box but I have no idea what version I have or how to find out. I'd really like to get this figured out shortly so I can begin pumping the water through the solar in the afternoons (solar is on west side of garage roof) when we have sunny days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.