Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I know I can buy from the website, but do local pool supplies carry same chemicals? I only need R-0871 and R-0013. Think I checked my CYA too often, and have plenty of powder left for FC test. I see it at Amazon cheaper than TFtest, but thinking if I could buy local it would save the shipping on such a small order.

Many pool stores sell Taylor reagents and these are the ones that the TF-100 uses. But some of the specialized reagents such as the R-0871 must still be ordered from somewhere because the regular pool store employee or customer wouldn't use this. Overall however, the reagents are going to be cheaper through TFTestkits.com due to the fact that the company buys these reagents in bulk.

Warning Warning
I do not know this statement as a 100% fact that they'll do this again.

The last few years they've had a preseason sale in early march. If my memory serves me it was $35 for a complete refill. It maybe an idea to gamble on this and just have some extra on hand. You'll use it soon enough anyways. :)

Thanks, I'll probably buy the complete refill kit if it goes on sale. I just ordered the 2 that I need from Amato Industries, was cheaper than TFtest.... hopefully they're not 10 years old! Local stores carried 0013 (at twice the price), and no 0871.

I do not know this statement as a 100% fact that they'll do this again.

The last few years they've had a preseason sale in early march.
Yes, we are. Starts on March 1st. Making complete refill sets now.....will be $31.95.

Also, a heads up. Taylor just increased the list price of the Speedstir from $34.95 to $37.50, but we have a quite a few we bought in December that we are going to bundle in with the complete refill for an additional $31.50. Shipping will increase by only about a dollar so it's gonna' be pretty decent savings.

RobbieH said:
My local Leslie's Commercial has 870 and 871. The regular consumer stores will look at you like your skin is purple if you ask for them.

That's good that your Leslie's had them. My Leslie's never has has them.

Just added a link to the refill page on my calendar, thanks!

257WbyMag said:
RobbieH said:
My local Leslie's Commercial has 870 and 871. The regular consumer stores will look at you like your skin is purple if you ask for them.

That's good that your Leslie's had them. My Leslie's never has has them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just my $.02..... I have found that buying direct from TFtestkits to be well worth any, if any price difference. The customer service is second to none and the one and only question I had was answered by telephone and ended up being a 30 minute one on one conversation with the owner of TFtestkits. I learned more in that conversation than I had learned on my own in the previous 5 years. Dave and his crew is a real class act that continues to go above and beyond any customer service that I have ever encountered. If there is an issue, he and his team fixes it right NOW!
Yep, you get what you pay for and tftestkits ALWAYS gives me the greatest value for my hard earned dollars. Not a plug for Dave and his crew, just my honest experience with some good people.
Let me correct my above statement...they EARN every penny and are well worth it!!
Hope this helps...Dave and all have always helped me..
Thanks for listening.....I'll be placing my spring order very, very soon.
Sami

Dave TF-100 refills

I am reordering reagents today and TFT and Dave is the only place I will buy from, sale or not. His product is fresh and accurate and the customer service is second to none. I called him and he returned my call in 15 minutes, I have ordered from him before and will NOT go anywhere else for the Kits or the refills. I also purchased a flow meter from him and am liking this bad boy also. Dave THANKS.

side note: I just wish there was a more accurate / easier testing kit for CYA levels ... :)

I second TFT though ... they have been great .. and are even now offering 1t class mail for shipping of smaller quantities which is a huge saving is shipping costs.

I just ordered "what I need" from PST Pool. Got it in 3 days. I have plenty left of other chemicals, not a year old yet.
Taylor Technologies, DPD Reagent #3
PST-R-0003-A 1 $2.93
Taylor Technologies, pH Solution #4 (same as 0014 I assume)
PST-R-0004-A 1 $2.38
Taylor Technologies, Magnetic Stirrer SpeedStir
PST-9265 1 $28.59

I'll order the full refill kit at next years sale from TF.

and are even now offering 1t class mail for shipping of smaller quantities which is a huge saving is shipping costs.
Amen, brother. Only recently did the database become available for us to use in our shipping software. It is a HUGE help for any shipment under 13 oz.

Just a side note on shipping.....it has become obnoxiously expensive. They have increased in price by about 25% or so in the five years we have been shipping. (maybe more, that's a guesstimate) Today, we shipped a kit (plus a speedstir and salt test) to AZ for $23 something... :shock: :shock: :shock: Yikes

I have always felt that any company should find better ways to produce their product or service rather than simply raise their price. Unfortunately, USPS, FedEX, and UPS have little competition and rate increases are the easy path for them to take.

I can't help but think UPS punishes us little guys for the big loss they take on some of Amazon's business.

Anyway, I digress. The first class option for small packages is a BIG savings and we're glad we can make it available for refills.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

cody21 said:
side note: I just wish there was a more accurate / easier testing kit for CYA levels ... :)

A close enough number works just fine on this reading. Look at it like this, for a CYA reading of 40 your target FC is 3-7 with a shock level of 15. With a CYA reading of 50 the levels only raise a tad, with a target FC between 4-8 and a shock of 16. Averaging a few readings will be close enough.

thanks ... I just have a problem discerning when the black dot actually disappears ... so as you point out, it's just a close guess when I do the test. I try to keep my FC close to 5-6 in the summer while CYA is somewhere around 50 ...

Yeah, that black dot disappears somewhere between 100 and 40 for me.... is it a shadow, my eyes seeing spots, or just a dark murky sample?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.