Second Season 3rd SWG Cell

Feb 25, 2013
Ill try and make this as short as possible. I'm a fairly new AG pool owner (24Ft) with a Zodiac salt system (I believe the cell is the LM2 series) so last spring opened the pool set everything up no problem prime the pump turn it on and with in 15 seconds the cell cracks and water is gushing out. I go to the pool place they replace the cell no charge. I install new cell works perfectly all season I close the pool take everything apart and put it in the basement for the winter ( I live in Canada) as I'm cleaning the cell I notice a tiny spider web looking crack but didn't think much of it, last week I was in the basement and opened the box to take another look at it and the whole thing looks like it had exploded inside and cracked everywhere WTF???!!! I called pool place they said no problem we will give you a new one I asked what is going on to which he replied there's a build up of gas inside and for some reason you either have to much pressure on the pump side or on the filter side? I guess I should also add is that there is a Jandi 1 way check vale that's connected to the out flow of the cell and its vertical I know this is a no no in the manual but would that have something to do with it?

Before it crapped out on me I believe with a clean filter it was somewhere in the range 8 to 10 PSI. (Another on my part to replace list) I will do a mock up of my set up in my basement and take some pics

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.