Pool leaning

Feb 6, 2008
We put up our pool about 5 years ago. When the pool filled with water one of the sides seems to be leaning a bit accounting for about a 3/4" difference in water level from one side to the other. Then to make up for it another side leans in a little bit. I have been convinced now for 5 years that our pool is going to collapse. I stress all winter with the cover on it and I'm out there once a week draining water off of it.

After the first season we took off some of the top rails and tried to bring in the round metal ring as much as we could on that side. I think what happened is that we made the bottom ring on the ground smaller than the ring on the top.

I was planning on tackling this problem when we have to replace the liner probably in a year or so.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem. I've posted some pictures but it's tough to see in the pics the leaning.

Leaning in: http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/1 ... ool001.jpg

Leaning out: http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/1 ... ool003.jpg

Hi,

I'm having sort of the same problem, for some reason I can't view your pictures to verify.

But I just put my pool up this year and it's twisting me up inside, I keep thinking the pool is gonna blow out on the side the posts are leaning in. I have a 24' round pool and 2 posts on one side lean in about 3/4 " and it looks like the pool wall near the bottom between these posts bow out a little, I'm thinking it's out of round, anyone have any suggestions?

Photobucket show the images have been deleted.

I am putting up my first pool and everybody tells me I worry too much. I don't think so. These above ground pools that are four foot deep or deeper are not things to half way assemble. There is a lot of weight involved and somebody could get hurt.

If you are having trouble with the wall bulging out at the bottom, the liner may be trying to work it's way out under the wall. This can happen if the liner is not on solid ground. Trust me, I've seen it.

Don't worry about it - especially if it is no longer changing after every winter!
it's perfectly fine if a part of your pool settled or lifted due to frost and you're now 3/4" uneven in water level - on a 24 foot pool - an inch is acceptable - so figure out your ratio from there - meaning 12' pool = 1/2" acceptable.
Do you guys have any idea how strong these pools are????
I saw a video once where the pool company placed the bucket of a backhoe into a full pool and started swinging it back and forth at high speed causing tsunami type waves within this AG pool - it held up just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.