Pool filter pressure gauge stuck at 20

Not really, They are inexpensive parts and can be found at virtually any pool store out there.

We had a metal cased one with glass face that came with our Anthony Pool 25 yrs ago until it finally got so cloudy we could hardly read it so I bought a nice new one at my Leslie's store this year when we opened the pool and they only had one kind...plastic. I liked the look of it but it has never worked well. We have always had 12psi with clean start up and this one was always 10 but I could live with that but when turned off it rarely dropped to zero unless I thumped it and had to thump it to get it to go back up after being off. It has been sitting at 12 for several weeks and should have crept up more by now so today I decided to clean it out just in case debris got in there. Nope..clean as a whistle and I turned on the pump to let a blast come up thru the lid to clean out anything that might be in there. I could not get it to zero while off the filter no matter what I did and when I put it back on and started up it just sat there. So thankfully I did not toss the old metal one. Put it on and voila......it went to 18 which is about where I expect it to be many weeks after last backwash.

So...does anyone know where a better quality gauge can be purchased that has been trialed and used by a member ? I cannot find anything except the plastic ones on the web. Thanks

Terri

I wanted to get a liquid filled one but it said it was only good down to -5 F or something like that. It gets a lot colder than that here in the winter. Will it freeze and crack/break over winter or are they just saying that it is not as accurate because of the viscosity of the liquid (we don't use our pool at -5). I bought a cheap 60 psi gage to replace the small 100psi gage that was installed but it really sucks, that gage is full of water and condensation and is hard to read at times because of this.

What site did you get it from? You said 'this site' and I can't find anything on here where they sell pool equipment. Please point me and thanks

Terri

I bought mine from this site and I have to say it is really nice. I had the pool company out last week and the guy said it was one of the nicer ones he has seen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.