Help: Old Pentair Intellitouch not recognizing VS style pump

Nov 13, 2012
I am having a problem with my Intellitouch I9+3S automation panel. I recently had the outdoor firmware upgraded to the latest 1.160 version in order to talk to a new Pentair VS-AU pump type, since the panel/personality module is from October 2004.

The default pump type under the menu Setup->Equipment->Intelliflo screen is the VF style and not the VS. When I attempt to change the type by selecting 'Yes' from the screen that says "this will change from a VF 3050 to an IFLO VS" (see picture), it returns to the previous screen without changing the pump type :!:

I know the pump sees it is connected to an automation system since the LCD screen says 'Display Not Active' when connected with the serial cable. I have also done a manual reset on the pump to factory defaults just in case something in memory was causing the problem. The pump works otherwise in non-automation mode using its own controls, when not connected or when the Intellitouch is in Service mode.

I need help debugging this problem. What is causing the failure to switch? Any ideas?

Is there a way to force a switch of the pump type other than the method I have been using? Could I possibly find a way to set my MobileTouch to a VS pump and then upload the setting to the Intellitouch from the service menu using "Send Image to Outdoor"?

Attachments

• ErasePumpData.jpg
    ErasePumpData.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 45
Re: Help: Old Pentair Intellitouch not recognizing VS style

Fixed the problem. The service tech that flashed the unit didn't clear the memory afterwards. Once I reset the unit to factory defaults and reprogrammed everything it worked fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.