Intelliflo XF

I have installed a few and think they are great. The wet end is huge, deep basket, easy to remove lid. Inlet and outlet will accommodate 2 1/2" to 3" plumbing. Uses easily removable lock nuts to connect. Overall it is a great design, and will eventually replace the whisper-flo wet end that is being used now.
They move more water with less energy then the VS pump.
And are capable of moving a tremendous amount for spa jets, water features ect.
On one job I installed one that is feeding 18' of sheer water features with quite an arc.
I would recommend to anyone looking at a VS pump to get the XF.

I have one on order, along with ,easytouch upgrade panel for my Compool CP-100, and solar install pretty excited...
I was ready to click buy on the VS, and I checked Pentair website one last time and spotted it.

I will post initial feedback!

LB

I have had one now for about 7 months, my electric bill has dropped $40 from where it used to be, so I am satisfied with it. I have had no problems and it works as advertised. I will have to get my run schedule from the controller on the pump and I will post how long and what speeds I run it on during the day. Yes PG&E just denied my rebate claim for this pump due to it no being on their approved list, nice of them. . .

I want one of these. Extreme over-kill for my application methinks but ever since I saw/heard it at Atlantic City show I am mesmerized. My current 16-year old Challenger has been loud from day one. I pray for its demise so I have reason to replace it.

Yes it works with the AquaLink the system I installed it on is 3 years old, but if you need to you can use the IntelliCom II adapter ($150.00) to use with older firmware.

This pump is a BEAST and I highly recommend it for the price difference from the #011018 VS model however this pump should be run with minimum 2 1/2 inch line to get the most out of it since that's what the unions are made for 2 1/2 (ID) or 3 inch (OD). Good Lord I want to see the 5 HP version in action.:shock:

Don't think this is overkill I recently did a rather radical upgrade on a Jandy system that was running a Jandy 2.5 HP for system filtration and cleaner and a 2 HP Jandy for solar. The results are phenomenal considering what we started with and I'll tell you just what The Beast is capable of.

The system had dedicated solar lines (Suction from bottom of pool with dedicated returns to pool only) and a Jandy 2 HP Stealth feeding 16 Fafco panels on the second story of the house straight above the equipment pad. (No Filtration)

The client wanted a super efficient system that would run the filtration, cleaner and the solar while filtering the solar water and cutting down on the electric bill.

I'll shorten the story as to what we accomplished, under the current solar set up the water was not filtered and there was no return to the spa from the solar. So the goal was to eliminate the solar lines and tie the system into the main system. We tied the solar into the main system but when the cleaner valve would be opened it would take almost full 3450 rpm in order to run everything, that's still less than the 2 pumps but not good enough for the client. MAS helped out as much as he could with suggestions but for some reason that 2" cleaner line was killing us, causing the system to run at 2700 watts without the solar running. When we disconnected the cleaner line system only needed 1400 watts to run filter and solar.

Now here's the radical part, we added an IntelliFlo VS #011018 and a FNS 48 filter on the cleaner line and used the old solar return lines for the cleaner giving it a dedicated filtered cleaner set up.

Now with the cleaner and the filter pumps both running they are using only 1100 watts combined :shock: and only an additional 600 watts in solar to pump 70 GPM up to the second story and feed the 16 FAFCO's.

The pool stays absolutely immaculate with the dual skimmers and The PoolCleaner handling the bottom duties.

Simply Awesome! :goodjob:

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Update,
OK, installed the XF, easytouch upgrade and Solar this weekend, working thru programming etc.

I have 2 issues with the pump;
#1 high pitch chirping sound from the pump, Pentair has a repair order setup
#2 cavitation in the top of the basket, can't seem to find the problem. The tech I spoke with said I need at least 2.5" suction lines or I will always have this problem, (bushed down to 2") also I do not have the required 12" between the 90 and suction inlet (more like 8")

Does anyone have this working with 2" suction? they are telling me to return it and get the 3050

Thanks,
LB

Like I said that pump is a Beast and you can't feed it enough which is why I said you should use minimum 2 1/2" like Pentair recommends. The cleaner line on the upgrade I did caused some problems that were horribly aggravating until we made it a dedicated set up.

also I do not have the required 12" between the 90 and suction inlet (more like 8")
You only need 10" as it's 5 times the diameter of your plumbing.

Try slowing the pump RPM's down until the cavitation stops, don't be surprised if it's way down towards the 1000 range or less. And if you change the pump out you don't want to get a #3050 you want the VS 011018 I mentioned earlier which has replaced the VS 3050.

I believe a pure 2" plumbing setup will actually hamper it's performance, whereas if you have 2 1/2 feeding it with the FullFlo XF valves it's a barn burner for sure.

What kind of valves are you using? I switched out all the Jandy Never Lubes for Pentair FullFlo XF diverters and check valves, they are MONSTERS compared to the "normal" 2" valves and have virtually zero resistance as you'll see in a few pics. I also changed out all the standard elbows for sweep 90's or 45's in 2 1/2".

Here's the comparisons of the MONSTER FullFlo XF check valves and the diverters from left to right Jandy 2" - 2 1/2", Pentair 2" - 2 1/2", Pentair FullFlo XF 2 1/2" - 3".

[attachment=2:1wg3egd5]Check Valves.jpg[/attachment:1wg3egd5][attachment=1:1wg3egd5]Diverters Jandy Pentair Pentair XF.jpg[/attachment:1wg3egd5][attachment=0:1wg3egd5]Near Zero Resistance.jpg[/attachment:1wg3egd5]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WOW those things are huge! I have 2" Pentair valves. After reevaluating things and comments from this post pentiar-easytouch-programming-hellp-t56503.html, I don't think it is cavitation at all, it just does not suck all of the air from the lid. I have found my intelliclor starts working at 1850, solar runs well at 2500... the chirping goes away at lower rpm, but gets pretty load after it runs a while, and comes and goes. Pentair will be out next week to look at it.

So far I love everything, XF pump, easytouch upgrade panel, indoor control panel, and the SOLAR!!!!

BTW, I love your sig!
LB

I think I know what you are talking about I'll try and post a pic of what I believe you are referring to as the cavitation. I set the speed so it appears that it is pushing more water than it is pulling and the water sits about 1 to 2 inches below the lid and appears to vortex at times and rumble around but the pressure is fine.

Hopefully everything works out for you, it's probably just a few tweaks that are needed now.

Cheers on the sig comp :cheers: the first part I have practiced religiously for quite some time. :lol:

Prof100 said:
If you don't mind, I would like to know more about your solar setup. We are thinking seriously about solar and want to make sure it really works well enough to make a difference, such as a 10-15 deg improvement. Thanks!

I assume the question was directed to the OP but I'll offer my 5 cents worth anyway. :mrgreen:

There are a few good topics on solar here in the forum that can pretty much answer most of the questions anyone may have. You can get a fairly decent "ball park" figure of what you can expect in your particular region by using the info that's available here and on the net.

An excellent starting guide for anyone interested in adding solar heating to their swimming pool and some suggested steps to take can be found on the Department of Energy's website at the following link Solar Swimming Pool Heaters

Good Luck :goodjob:

considering the size of your pool, you will need lots of Solar, but yeah this is my second house with pool and I installed Solar, my experience is "worth every penny" if you love to swim! The systems are pretty basic really, search for some Solar plumbing diagrams, you will learn a lot. feel free to ask any questions, you Will get 10 degrees if you size it correctly, my opinion is the panels are cheap go big the first time!

LB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.