SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I so can't wait for the warm weather!!! I don't want to turn the heat on any longer and layer my clothes just to go to work and outside! I need fresh air and the warm sunshine on my face and body! I'm tired of looking at these walls! Gimme a nice cold drink while I relax in the sun...

Oh and BTW, I will be welcoming my very first granddaughter on May 8th! I have reasons to get this show on the road! :mrgreen:

Are you guys and gals sitting tight, all hunkered down?! lol

That's a nice forecast. Not quite so nice here in PA. I think we're in for rain/snow mix the next few days. :puker:

I wouldn't even get in if those were my water temps Richard! 82 is my magic number there. I did buy wifey a jumbo oversized float last summer so she can "cruise" and catch rays while staying dry.

257WbyMag said:
Hi Casey! Long time no see. Hope all is well. Congratulations on your forthcoming granddaughter!

Hi 257! It's been awhile! I'm getting ready to let my hubby buy me a new pool here very soon! :mrgreen:

Yeah, My daughter is having her first baby. She's a little young herself but hey, She won't be the first nor last to do such a thing! We are both very excited to have Madison join us. We love her so much already. :thequeen:

Today, it snowed. Ugh.......

I was just thinking since the time change is coming next weekend the warm weather won't be far off now. Come April I will start checking the water temp daily until I can open :mrgreen:

I will also be replenishing almost my entire :testkit: Can't wait!!

Water temp reached 78 degrees today using just solar heating - I expect it to be 80 tomorrow since it has been gaining 1-2 degrees/day. Looks like our swimming season is effectively March-Nov.

Up here in ND its been about 0-20 below! Finally starting to see the 25-30 mark and now they are saying a snow storm on Monday! Always interesting in ND. Pool is froze so come end of April is when I usually open the pool. I start to order pool supplies mid March so looking forward to that and starting to work onthe pool equipment in my heated garage. That always helps keep the excitement up for the summer months.

Have a great pool season everyone!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's snowing here is SWPA while I'm at work TFP'in it. :mrgreen: I asked my husband about the guy who we talked about doing our excavation and it looks like he's out so I'm looking for a new guy to do it, hopefully in April. I can't wait to get a pool in my yard! :party: :snorkle: :mrgreen:

It can be summer any time now. I am sick of the winter but jobs and bills and all of that other stuff we working stiffs have to contend with get in the way of moving to warmer climates and having time to do other fun stuff wherever we want. I, for one, am READY to be warm again.

"Oh and BTW, I will be welcoming my very first granddaughter on May 8th! I have reasons to get this show on the road! :mrgreen: "

Congrats on the upcoming new granddaughter. A great reason to be welcoming the coming of summer!

We are getting closer to summer here in DFW. Below is today's forecast.

[attachment=0:2c0dg9xg]3-4-2013 Forecast.jpg[/attachment:2c0dg9xg]
Tomorrow we get a reality check that it is still March as temps revert closer to seasonal norms of around 60. After that, temps will gradually warm up as the remainder of the week progresses.

Attachments

• 3-4-2013 Forecast.jpg
    3-4-2013 Forecast.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 143
I was just checking my logs/notes from last season and I opened at the end of March. Looks like we will need a two week period of days averaging 70 degrees+ to have any chance at a March opening this year.

If the predictions are accurate I'm guessing the temp difference will push my opening into mid-late April. But since predictions are never accurate, I'll be waiting for the burst of 70s+ which will reel in my opening date :cool:

Do they scrape roads in your area?
And I don't mean "plow", I mean ice scrape.

For those of you who don't get to experience that joy, our roads can become so packed down with snow and eventually that snow can become SEVERAL INCHES thick of solid ice...but not nice smooth ice, no, ragged beat down ice that is very difficult to drive over, very hard on vehicles.
So, the municipality has these scrapping blades for graders, they crawl thru the city in the late hours (ohhh, 3 am or so) making the most awful loud screaming scrapping high pitched sound, you can hear it several blocks away. This past week they did it and when I looked out there was a peice of ice/snowbank about the size of a lazy boy chair in the middle of my driveway, making my driveway completely unpassable, they actually went around with excavators to all the drive ways and dug them out - thankfully.

I couldnt find any videos that came close to how it goes here, but this link it close, you'll see the scraping bar under the belly of the grader. THe ones in our area make this horrendous noise though and our snow banks aren't a measly 1', their pushing 6' in areas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT2cn1PVj18

Then they have to do snow bank removal, you can't even see over these banks when your at a stop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JweGi1M50Oo

.......why do I live here..... :hammer:

They plow our roads cramer and occasionally take the side mirror off your vehicles for you. :rant:

We are suppose to get up to 6" of snow tomorrow night.

We are expected to get up to 6" of snow tonight! I hope this is the last one!!! :grrrr:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.