Manual Pool Vacuum

Apr 6, 2011
I have a 24' above ground pool. I am looking for a really good manual vacuum. The robot one that came with it is a joke. I want to actually vacuum the pool myself and am not worried about the extra work. There is a good bit of leaves in it now because of the winter but during the summer hardly any leaves end up in the pool. What do you recommend? How does a leaf canister work? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to get the pool spotless even though we can't swim in it at the moment. Water is crystal clear, I just have to get the leaves and dirt out of it. Thank you. Don

I would suggest a good quality leaf rake rather than a leaf canister. It's a bit more work (but not much) and you can get leaves VERY quickly without having to hook anything up

Choosing a manual vacuum head is a snap. It will hook onto the same pole as your leaf rake. Choose a good, strong pole that will easily reach to the middle and then choose a vacuum head made for vinyl pools and you are all set.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.