Newbie considering a SWG. Some questions.

RJDriver75

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 20, 2013
Yorktown, VA
Hi all,
We just bought a house with an above ground pool and I've been reading all I can about how to take care of it on this site. I'm thinking I may want to install a SWG to make life a little easier. My job has me out of town for 4 days of the week and I'm not so sure my wife will want to test and add bleach every day while I'm gone. Esp since we have a little one due in June. I've been researching and I think I may try a less expensive Intex SWG at first. My question is does that have to be bonded? If so is that something I can do myself? The previous owners had an ionizer hooked up (which I understand is not a good thing) and I don't see any evidence that it was bonded, just the pump. Thanks

Mike

The rules vary a bit from place to place, but chances are that with a larger above ground pool you are supposed to bond the SWG. You can do bonding yourself with just a little DIY experience as long as you can find some existing bonding wire to attach to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.