REady to pull the trigger.

txsteel

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2012
We are ready to pull the trigger with the PB we have chosen.I still have a couple of concerns as my wife and I both want salt water and flagstone copping. We are also looking at stamped concrete for the decking around the pool. I understand sealing the stone and maintain chemical balance we should have no issues with the stone, but how about the stamped concrete? what would be a good sealant? I've read good things about deck-o-seal. There is deck-o-shield, deck-o-grip and deck-o-shield plus. Which one would be best for the flagstone and concrete knowing that I do not want it slippery.
Also Our existing patio is stamped concrete as well and needs re sealed.

txsteel - We have a flagstone-type coping as well and I am going to use Dupont Stone-Tech Salt Resistant Sealer - just waiting for the pool builder to finish their work. It's a bit expensive but I got the best price on Amazon (around $119/gallon). Also, we upgraded to paver deck from a stamped concrete which didn't add much in the way of cost and that will also receive a coat of the same sealer. if you need anti-slip properties, I have good success with Shark-Grip in the past on other slippery surfaces. It's an additive that you mix in with your sealer choice. Best of luck.

Sciz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.