Fort Worth TX area plaster company - recomendations?

Having refurbished a 100 year old house up north, one would think that I would have been clear on how frustrating contractors are - but somehow I had managed to block that out. I recently closed on a house in the Fort Worth area. I had settled on a pool company out of Weatherford TX to come and remove blue paint, replaster, do a bit of work on the decking, install a switch on the pump so it will come on if it gets too cold, figure out a light that isn't coming on, and address a leak with some of the piping at the pump. They came recommended from several independent sources and were quick to get out to get me a bid. Now it has been 3 weeks that I have been waiting to meet with them to pick a plaster color, and I have called twice to remind them since my initial call to them saying that I want to get it done now, but I haven't heard back from them about a time that we can meet to pick a color and sign a contract.

So, friends suggested another pool company on the other side of the metroplex. Just getting into the plastering stuff (pool equipment folks), but they sub it out to a good plaster guy, they are hungry, and personal friends of a friend - hey, maybe that will work. Sent them a bunch of measurements and pictures for a bid, never heard back.

Called the local in town guys even though everyone had warned me that they would be super expensive. Small town rumors sometimes hold some truth - they are about 20% to 25% higher than my other bids.

I really want to get this pool addressed sooner rather than later. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good place to call in my area? I am wondering if I am being ignored because the job is too small? I don't know the gallons of the pool, it is about 95 feet around and about 9 feet deep end, 3 1/2 foot shallow end. I want to buy some kind of a cleaning system (probably a robot) and will buy that from the plaster company if they sell, so there is that as well.

Between trying to get someone out to plaster and someone out to fence, I am frustrated enough to scream. Thanks for any recommendations!

I am over in Colleyville and have recently gone through the remodel bidding process. I had 6 companies come out and bid my job, which includes plaster, tile, coping, changing the depth of my pool and adding a water feature. I had a few ridiculous quotes, and 3 decent ones. I signed a contract with TruBlu Remodeling out of Arlington yesterday, and the reason I did this was due to the positive references I was able to find on AngiesList. All too often people only report problems on the web and it becomes hard to find good references outside of the ones that the pool builder gives you (unless you know someone who used a company). I found zero negative references from this company and they were the second lowest in price. The owner is a very nice guy and worked with me through a few changes I made to our design. Our remodel will start in the next 2 weeks, so we are excited to get it going. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions. I will tell you who I talked to and price ranges those companies were in.

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.