layer of fine dirt on the bottom of the pool

Jan 8, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

I have a layer of fine dirt on the bottom of the pool, the robot stirs it up weekly and its murky for a few days till it settles.

What is the best way to get rid of this, I was thinking of doing a vacuum to waste, if that makes sense, should I FLOC it at the same time to maximise the amount of particulates we remove?

Thanks.

Richard

Forget the floc. Vacuum slowly to get as much as you can. If you have CHEAP water, vacuum to waste is fine but no more effective than vacuuming from the filter position. (you may have to clean your filter)

How did it get there in the first place?

How have your numbers been running.

The couple of times I have had problems with fine debris on the bottom of the pool it was either spring and pollen, a heavy bather load that used lots of sunscreen, or the start of a small algae bloom and it was probably dead algae on the bottom.

Make sure your numbers are in check and if your FC may have been low at all give it a good boost, if not a shock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.