Ok so I have not have one problem in the 2 months I have had my pool installed. I go out today as a normal day and test my lvls and this is what I got.
Chlorine - 2ppm
CYA - 20 (checked this past weekend and it was at 40)
TA - 170(checked it 3 days ago and it was at 130 and I did not add anything)
PH - 7.6(checked it 3 days ago and it was 7.2 and did not add anything)
Can someone tell me why the alk and ph would raise like that? Sorry, I am still all new to this and still trying to learn. My cya was a shocker to me too lowering like that so quickly. I didn't do anything different than I do at any other time. I haven't had to add any baking soda or borax for 2 weeks now cause they have remained around 130 and 7.2. No rain lately, just sunny sunny and around 75 to 85 this week. I have kept the Chlorine at around 3ppm cause my cya is usually around 40. I did vacuum a couple of days ago cause there was some wind that blew some crud into the pool and was sitting on the bottom of the pool and I will be brushing the sides tomorrow when I can get in it. Water is crystal clear and I run the filter every day for at least 6 to 8 hours. I did add a puck to the skimmer basket cause I don't have any stabilizer other than that at this moment. I used it for my chlorine this time instead of bleach cause I didn't want to raise it too high. Should I be concerned and watch out for something like algea and should I add anything to lower the alk and ph or just keep checking and if it goes any higher add something at that time? I work till 10pm tonight so I won't get to check the levels again till tomorrow morning before we go swimming cause I am off tomorrow and it is the first day of summer for the kids since they are out of school as of today.
I also have another question that is very puzzling to me. My youngest daughter has terrible allergies. She has always swam in pools before but when she got into ours last weekend, she broke out in huge red welps all over her body. I told her to get out of the pool immediately and take a bath. She has never ever done that in all her 9 years. Could this be a problem with the bleach, maybe she is allergic to it? And if so, what would be a good alternative to chlorine? I hope this is not what is happening cause this is so much cheaper on my wallet. Has anyone else ever had this same problem?