Heat cool pump vs heat pump and chiller

I am building a new infinity pool in southern Florida and my pool company has given me the option of an aquacal heat cool pump.
Apparently the heat cool pump can run in lower temperatures than the regular aquacal heat pump, but I am not sure if we even get cold enough down here for a regular aquacal heat pump to not work properly.

So, I am trying to figure out what will be the best option for my area: an aquacal heat cool pump or an aquacal heat pump with a separate glacier pool chiller...
It would seem that a separate pool chiller would more effective and efficient than using the cool function of a heat cool pump.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The heat/cool pump should be just fine alone. I don't really see the point of getting a separate chiller. In Florida, I don't think you will need enough cooling to justify the extra initial expense of a separate chiller.

The pool will be uncovered but it will be white pebblesheen. I was under the impression that pebbletec surfaces tend to cause pools to warm more easily.

I was just thinking it may be cheaper to get a regular aquacal heat pump and a separate chiller rather than a heat cool pump. Also, I was thinking that a separate chiller would be more efficient than using the cooling function of a heat cool pump.

EDIT: the pool has an infinity edge on two sides. So maybe I could run the pool at night to help cooling?

So, does anyone know if the ice breaking technology of the aquacal would be overkill for southern florida? It's not like temperatures are going to be in the twenties for days at a time.

There will be short periods each year in Florida when the ice breaker feature will operate. However, you don't generally want to be running a heat pump at a time when it's ice breaking feature is active. Heat pumps get less and less efficient as the air temperature goes down. By the time the air temperature gets cold enough to require ice breaker the heat pump is getting very expensive to operate.

PebbleTec does often warm the pool more, but not generally enough to be an issue in Florida, especially with a light color pool surface.

A chiller will cost more than the additional cost to get a heat pump with a cooling feature over a regular heat pump. It will save money on operating expenses, but in Florida the savings will be so small that you are unlikely to ever payback the initial investment. Plus having two devices increase complexity, gives you more ways for the system to fail, and takes up more room.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.