Hi from chilly Maryland

Feb 18, 2013
Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum. I started in 2011 with a blue 10'x30" intex, in 2012, I decided to upgrade to an 16' x 48" intex ultra frame. Today, I finally decided to pull the trigger and get a 21' x 52" Morada pool. I'm so glad I did but really nervous about it. I think I may actually post the spot I had the old intex and show progress as the new pool is being installed. Since I'm new to pool ownership and still learning how to keep everything balanced and sanatized, I'm sure I will be here alot.

Welcome to TFP!!!

Now is the time to read through Pool School a few times to learn about the chemistry and how to maintain it ... although being hands-on will certainly help to clear things up.

Don't forget to order your test kit before you fill the pool with water :goodjob:

jblizzle said:
Welcome to TFP!!!

Now is the time to read through Pool School a few times to learn about the chemistry and how to maintain it ... although being hands-on will certainly help to clear things up.

Don't forget to order your test kit before you fill the pool with water :goodjob:

I will do that. I did get a 'free start up' package when I bought the pool but it didn't come with a test kit. I've been in cold rain all day just thinking about floating around with a cocktail. I did skim through Pool School a bit last night. I will be reading it more carefully in the next few weeks.

Eavie0513 said:
I did get a 'free start up' package when I bought the pool
Be careful with that stuff, some of it will only cause problems. You can list what each one is for us if you want and we can tell you what to use/not to use...we may need the chemical name (often listed in smaller print) and not just the product name.