Jandy error code 145

Feb 17, 2013
I have a Jandy Aqua Pure system and am getting a High Salt General fault on the handheld. The salt is reading 4800 but two pool stores get 3300. I replaced the sensor (for the third time in 5 years) and the new one has the daughter board. The service light is on in the outside panel error code 145 displays (high salt) and any help from Jandy has lead me know where (they replaced the sensor no charge because of all of my problems since the pool was built, and the apparently new there is a problem with it). Is anyone else having the same issues? If I have to replace everything I don't want Jandy!

Yes, I pressed the button on the new daughter board and still get the same error code and the same salinity reading. I even tried (at Jandy's suggestion) hitting the reset button on the front panel. Still the same results.

Just to be sure, I did it again. Pressed and held the button on the daughter board until the light went out and came back on again. Still getting 145 error and the Salt reading is 4.4 which is about where it's been. It used to go up and down as the water level went up or down but it doesn't seem to have an effect on it now. I also am noticing the Chloirne level is falling, which it has been stayling up without any adjustments. The Chlorine level is what prompted the discussion with Jandy (last fall) as the cell and the sensor were replaced under warrenty a couple of years ago (but there was no daughter board on what was put in, and I guess that's the reason they replaced the sensor?).

Thanks!

I found these instructions on how to recalibrate the aquapure salt reading. I've never tried it, but you can see what this does for your unit.

•Press the “Salinity”button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. Release the button after the 3rdbeep.
•Press and release the “Temperature “button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.
•The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrowto increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.
•When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature”button within 5 seconds to store it in memory

Reactions: timbozi
Unless the unit had been calibrated previously, in an attempt to correct a fault, i would not advise calibrating. Cold water is going to give you a false reading. Given the time of year, and i do realize you have had this problem since last fall, i would either wait until spring when the water warms up a bit, or another thing you can try is heat up the spa to any where past 60 and see if the unit will give an accurate salinity count then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool Clown said:
Unless the unit had been calibrated previously, in an attempt to correct a fault, i would not advise calibrating. Cold water is going to give you a false reading. Given the time of year, and i do realize you have had this problem since last fall, i would either wait until spring when the water warms up a bit, or another thing you can try is heat up the spa to any where past 60 and see if the unit will give an accurate salinity count then.
Good point Pool Clown. I figured his water was warm enough for him to start using his generator. I looked up St. Cloud and it is in MN, not too warm there. I thought St. Cloud might have been in FL.

Pat in St. Cloud, what is the water temp? If it is below 60 then like Pool Clown suggested, wait till the water warms up and then see if you have the same problems. Make sure the cell and sensor are clean.

Water temp isn't the problem then. Make sure the cell and sensor are clean, and if they are, I would try to recalibrate just to see if everything starts working correctly.

By the way, my aquapure worked fine when the water got down to 56 degrees this winter. The salinity reading actually dropped closer to what my test strips measured. Now that my water is 75 degrees, the salinity reading on the aquapure is rising, and is 800 ppm more than my test strips. This batch of test strips consistantly measured 500 ppm or so lower than the last batch of strips. I never had a problem with the aquapure shutting down due to salinity, so I just leave it alone.

just tried to recalibrate. I didn't get any beeps whenI pressed the salinity button on the board (the main board not the daughter board). I'll pull the cell and sensor later today and see if it needs cleaned. Just did it a month ago. I did notice two different temperature buttons on the board. Maybe it's not the same model???

You should be able to push the buttons on the front panel. They are listed as A-Down Arrow, B-Up Arrow, C-Salinity, D-Temp. I don't think you need to be pushing any buttons on the main board, just on the panel. Like I said though, I haven't tried this.

Ping - You are a genius! I went back out and did as you said (and I was able to set the Salinity level at 3.3 which is what the pool store got). The service light is out and the 145 error code is gone! Jandy needs to hire you! You are 100% better than their customer service!

You have no idea how much I appreciate your help and advice!

I found these instructions on how to recalibrate the aquapure salt reading. I've never tried it, but you can see what this does for your unit.

•Press the “Salinity”button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. Release the button after the 3rdbeep.
•Press and release the “Temperature “button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.
•The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrowto increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.
•When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature”button within 5 seconds to store it in memory

thank you Ping. This cleared the general fault/high salt reading.

When I try Ping's fix I get a H.H Salinity GPL showing on the panel. Unable to move it up or down. Mine is the 1400 AquaPure Apurem and only 4 months old. Any ideas on my code 145 High Salt 10400 reading? Could PH high or low cause this for before error pool was registering 2800 salinity and for what it's worth we have had a tremendous amount of rain over the past week here.

Those instructions worked perfectly. I was having the exact same problem where my Jandy was saying I had too much chlorine and giving me an error 145 code. I followed your below instructions and recalibrated the salt levels down to 3.5. The error code disappeared and the unit is producing chlorine again. Much thanks PING!!
BC Dallas, Texas

•When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature”button within 5 seconds to store it in memory[/QUOTE]

I just followed the instructions posted by Ping and it worked perfectly. Thanks Ping! I had the same 145 error code saying I had too much chlorine when, in reality, I had very low chlorine. The re-calibration worked and my pool water temp was 62 degrees. I manually reduced the chlorine levels to 3.5 and the service light and error code disappeared and the unit is producing chlorine again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.