Beach entry with automatic cover ???

Feb 16, 2013
Hi,
I am new to pools.

1) Is it possible to do beach entry with automatic cover which tracks are concealed/undertrack?
2) Are there negatives of beach entry? Do people have issues with stray animals/birds using it to drink/poop ? Not talking about pets or neighbors pets, but mice, racoons, and other small animals that can get over a fenced in property.
3) anyone have a beach entry pool in the East/Bay area California ??? Would like to her your thoughts.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

1) Not really really, but sort of. To hide the track you have to have a step up, but it can be outside the water line. You can settle for hiding the track everywhere other than the beach entry, or run the cover outside the pool in the area of the beach entry to some step up outside the pool (and hide the track under the step).

2) Beach entries tend to cause problems for some pool cleaners, which are happy to continue going right out of the pool. Other cleaners can detect the beach entry and turn around. A beach entry means fewer dead animals in the pool, as most that fall in will be able to get out via the beach entry.

A beach entry that is built to meet code will require a 1/3 bigger pool at least to meet guidelines. As far as an auto cover goes it can be built to hide the tracks, just depends on the manufacturer as to how it is done and how much of a lip.

Yeah, I started to realize I only like beach entry if the entry was very very large and it seems that the baja shelf may be better since the pool wouldnt need to be as large, right? Also I was thinking of having on shallow end a baja shelf which has steps going into pool and then right next to baja shelf several bar seats (not for bar, but to sit at shallow end (next to shelf) of pool and have drinks/food at edge of pool. Does that make sense? Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.