Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Napoleon Grills?

1. Back To Top    #1

Napoleon Grills?

I'm starting to research products for a fall/winter project - a small outdoor kitchen. I haven't really set a budget, but I'm of course looking for the best bang for the buck. Napoleon Grills looks interesting. The Mirage line in particular, but I can't find any reviews (too new?). Does anyone have one? or maybe point me to a review I missed? I've seen reviews for the other lines and they seem to get rated well.

Requirements:
    Gas (Propane)
    Built-in
    > 600 sq ft main cooking area
    Good build quality

What other manufacturers would be considered competition? I'm familiar with Weber (never been impressed with their gas grills though), DSC, Ducane, Vermont Casting, and the big store brands which seem to change manufacturers often.

John

2. Back To Top    #2
    I'm not a big gas griller, but the Member's Mark brand at Sam's club have always seemed a good value. I'm not sure who the original manufacturer is, but they are similar in looks to Vermont Castings.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

I go both ways. Lump Charcoal or Gas. I'm going to try to include both in the design.

I should probably give the big store brands a look. I just want to make sure whatever I buy last for a while in a full time outdoors (covered when not in use) environment.

John

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Sean, can we move this topic topic to the newly formed Outdoor Kitchens area? That's what this project will be if I can get financial approval.

Moved to BBQ Islands & Outdoor Kitchens. JasonLion

Thanks.

John

5. Back To Top    #5
    Looks like someone beat me to it!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6
    I have a Napoleon Prestige 600. I love it. Great gas grill, awesome warranty, good Customer Service. It helps living 30 mins from the HQ/factory too. I would definately recommend a Napoleon.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Molson
    I have a Napoleon Prestige 600. I love it. Great gas grill, awesome warranty, good Customer Service. It helps living 30 mins from the HQ/factory too. I would definately recommend a Napoleon.
    +1 on Napoleon. I've had my Napoleon for 2 seasons now and absolutely Love it! It's been my best gas grill ever. Beware though that there are different "grades" of Napoleons, at least there are here in Canada...Napoleon provides certain grills to large distributors and these are not the same grills as are available in specialty shops. They are cheaper but definately not of the same quality.
    16x32 Vinyl inground pool, 9-4'x10' solar panels, sand filter, Taylor K-2006 kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Napoleon Grills?

Would also definately say that Napoleon's are very Nice. Bought the built-in model for the U-shaped Bar area that I built a couple years ago and added a side burner...don't have a complaint on it!!
    18x36 (30k gallons) Vinyl In-ground pool Sand Filter, Opened 04/2008