Clearwater 2 DE backwashing

Pool is 13000 gallons, 24' round doughboy. The pool got away from me and vacuuming constantly. Trying to get it back in shape and I can vacuum for a few minutes and then clogs de grids. Then I have to take apart and wash, re coat with de and so on. Just going to put some valves inline to reverse the flow from pump for a homemade backwash valve. I am plumbing the whole thing with schedule 40 as we speak

Alscrx said:
Hey, i have the same filter.....did you hard pipe it yet? I would love to see pics.
I was wondering about the backwash valve also.

I have Clearwater 2 Cartridge, same outside body as the DE. Here's 2 pics of the heater plumbed in if it gives you any ideas

I do use flex pipe from the skimmer to pump and from the end of the hard plumb to the return, but that could be easily substituted for Schedule 40 (and the return will be hard plumbed next year)

No this is a cartridge, no backwashing. That's the coupling I connect the flex pipe to. The other end goes to the return. It's set up so I can bypass the heater with the 3-way Jandy Valve.

Jljjdye said:
I got it hard plumbed with valves. Works great. Pics shortly
Great, I like pics! I actually started mine tonight, got all male adapters in and got the top portion of the union valves in. I stopped for the night because I decided to put the 4-5 foot section of PVC in the ground, easier to mow around that area.

Will post pics tomorrow .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.