Easy Acid

Re:

JasonLion said:
Easy Acid is just Sodium Bisulfate, the same as the usual dry acid, PH Down, PH Reducer products. It will lower TA and PH in the same proportions as muriatic acid.

On the package it says in contains Sodium Hydrogen Sulfate. Is this the same as Sodium Bisulfate?

I tried it and it seemd to work in bringing down the TA without affecting the pH much. My TA came down 30ppm and my pH went down from 7. 5 to 7.2

Re: Re:

MrcTag said:
JasonLion said:
Easy Acid is just Sodium Bisulfate, the same as the usual dry acid, PH Down, PH Reducer products. It will lower TA and PH in the same proportions as muriatic acid.

On the package it says in contains Sodium Hydrogen Sulfate. Is this the same as Sodium Bisulfate?

I tried it and it seemd to work in bringing down the TA without affecting the pH much. My TA came down 30ppm and my pH went down from 7. 5 to 7.2
Exactly the same as sodium bisulfate. The chemical companies do this to confuse consumers so they think that their product is different than the competitors. Bioguard does this by calling the baking soda they sell sodium hydrogen carbonate instead of sodium bicarbonate. These are just different names for the same chemical.
A TA drop of 30 ppm with a pH drop from 7.5 to 7.2 would have happened no matter what kind of acid you used. How much the TA drops really has a lot to do with where the TA and pH are sitting initially.

A pH drop from 7.5 to 7.2 is a significant pH drop, btw!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.