Replacing pump/filter

sr1125 said:
Well, I turn it twice because of the tree debris, and in the spring/summer bugs. I hate seeing all that float-y stuff in the pool. So I run it often so that it's filtered out.
Yes, I net and brush often, but as soon as I do it...splat! LOL

Split your runtime up. Figure out how long a leaf can sit on the surface before falling under and time your skimmer time to that. Let's say a leaf floats for 4 hours - set the skimmer to run for an hour every three hours. This will pull the junk off the surface with less runtime required.

sr1125 said:
Which would bring me to: Really, how often should I be turning this in the summer? for maximum sparkly water.

No way to know. Just try cutting back slowly until you aren't happy with the water quality - go back up from there until you are.

sr1125 said:
And I guess my psi's are in line with yours. I am just concerned if it actually is filtering because of the slow suction. But this was installed this afternoon, so I need to play with the amount of time to leave it running.

But is that 45gph filter not a good match for my more capable pump? Not sure if that should be replaced also or not.

Unless you plan to run on high when you are not vacuuming - the filter gpm isn't going to matter much in your case. If on LOW you get adequate skimmer performance I would not worry. Remember that a filter will work better with slower flow than with high flow.

sr1125 said:
But is that 45gph filter not a good match for my more capable pump? Not sure if that should be replaced also or not.
On low it is a nice match. On high speed your pump is a bit much for that filter, but it will still work. I would get some run time with the one you have, and then decide if you think it is worth the money to replace. I am running a 20" filter with my 1 hp 2sp matrix and have had no trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.