New Build Cypress Texas

Sep 26, 2012
I have been scouring this board for months researching and getting ideas and I am happy to say that we just signed our contract yesterday and hope to dig in 2 weeks depending on our lovely HOA etc.

I am new at posting so I hope my picture works...

So exicted. Hoping to have the pool for my son's 5th birthday party. He is so lucky!!

Attachments

• Kim_Gillihan slide2_007 (2).jpg
    Kim_Gillihan slide2_007 (2).jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 311
Thanks! It is a nice layout. I love it. We wanted to keep the pool on left side of yard because we do outdoor movies and the screen goes on our back fence... plus have a dog and little boy playing t ball and soccer in back yard.. so wanted as much yard left over as possible.

Let me add the measurements... it helps to see the size. It won't let me post it, says too big.

Its 35.5 long and 23 at widest point... 3.5 to 6.5 at farthest point, 5ish at slide entry area.

I am still debating chlorine/ozone or salt. We are not doing jump rock afterall and we do have 3 scuppers in deep end that got deleted from our pic! Will have hayward equipment.

Also looking for advise on pool cleaner. We can upgrade from Polaris 280 if would like... thinking robotic... but don't want to pay 1k for it!

Thanks again. KIM

Ozonators are really only useful for indoor pools. They are expensive as well. Since you have an outdoor pool, the sun does what the ozonator does for free. You also cannot run a pool just on ozone. You need a sanitizer and chlorine works the best. You can chlorinate one of two ways. You can add it yourself using liquid or tablet form chlorine. Or, you can make it yourself by having a saltwater chlorine generator (salt pool). Having a salt pool means not lugging chlorine buckets, a plus in my book.

Reactions: Autie
Hi there TexGirl...

I really love your design - I like the darker decking and coping. How long until they start your project? What PB did you go with?

Get ready for what they do to your yard. Ours is a mess but it is well worth it so they say. Thanks for the feedback on my thread especially regarding the Ozone vs Salt Dilemma. I'm about 90% sure we're going to switch to salt. PB told me they would charge us for coming back out and installing the SWG. The SWG is a little more expensive. I told him to credit, adjust and simply quote me fairly and I'd be pleased. They had already installed the Tri Chlo/Ozone. Still waiting on the quote.

pktman

pktman, Thanks! I have done this before so I am fully aware of the nightmare it is and I am not looking forward to that part!! Plus we have a dog so that is another issue altogether with not have a fenced yard for long time....

What has made you make the decision to go salt vs. ozonator/chlorine?

We are getting started as soon as HOA gives go ahead... hopefully 2 weeks.

We are using Backyard Luxuries here in Cypress.

Thanks, KIM

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.