Water Testing Kits

Short answer ... NO.

The key to the test kits we recommend is the FAS-DPD chlorine test. This is not included in any of the kits sold by Walmart as far as I know.

If you simply must buy a kit at Walmart, you then should order and add the FAS-DPD test ... although then you are approaching the cost of just ordering the K-2006 test kit. The link in Pool School shows why we recommend the TF-100 over the K-2006 due to the quantity of reagent and the great customer service. But, the K-2006 does include everything you would need.

NOTE: the FAS-DPD test is NOT (I repeat NOT) the same as the DPD test you may find at Walmart.

I have used a Taylor 2006C which is the big test kit from Taylor for around two years now. The regular 2006 is pretty much the same size as the TF-100 (but there are some small differences). My two cents for anyone new to pool testing is: help this website out and support it by purchasing a TF-100. There is no better way to support this website, which is way to valuable to lose, than to get a TF-100.

You will NOT regret getting a QUALITY testing kit. Do a search, I do not believe you will find one bad comment about the quality of the TF 100 test kit. And now with a 18 month guarantee on the chemicals......come on, no question now as to which way to go. No more Taylors for me anymore.....

Bob E.

Love my TF100! I gave my first one to my brother when he got my old pool in 2010 and just bought another one Thursday evening!

If you own a pool, you should own a TF100! :colors:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.