Need help making a decision with a new pool build

Feb 12, 2013
I currently have 2 bids that I'm working with. There is a 1200.00 difference between both of them but money is not a deciding factor. The difference both of them is:
1. 2.5” and 3” or 1.5” and 2” plumbing. The company with the bigger piping claims that the larger pipe size will increase water hydraulics, better water flow and less noise. Is this true is there a benefit with this?

2. Pebble Sheen or Stonescapes Mini Pebble. Here is the info i received. "The Quality of the trowelled finish and Warranty for Genuine Pebble Sheen is the major difference. Pebble Sheen can only be installer by a Certified Installer . There are only 2 in the Valley. Stonescapes can be installed by anyone. Warranty for Pebble Sheen is Lifetime and Stonescapes only has Limited Warranty from Installer." Is there really a difference between both, which is better?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Welcome to tfp, AZhusker :wave:

2.5" and 3" inch may be overkill and the 1.5" and 2" are on the small side. Post some details and we can be more specific...pool volume, water features, hot tub or not, etc.

We are building a 80' perimeter play pool. The deeped of the pool will be 4'-4.5'-4'. There will be 2 water features which are 2'x2'x2' towers with 30" scuppers. No hot tub. The pump is a Sta-rite Intellipro variable speed HD pump.

What is your opinion between pebble sheen and stonescapes?

What they said is true; Pebblesheen can only be installed by certified folks, and anyone can buy stonescapes. That doesn't mean you won't get a great, long lasting installation of the latter, nor does it absolutely guarantee a good installation of the former. There's not much difference between the products themselves, you're just buying some amount of confidence that you'll get a better install.

Having excessively large pipe won't cause any problems, but having pipe that is too small can.

AZhusker said:
Pebble Sheen can only be installer by a Certified Installer . There are only 2 in the Valley.

Actually, there are 3. Just go to the PT website and select the locate a builder/installer. There are 3 listed in the valley, but one is a PB so I guess technically there are 2 installers. Just be careful of the word "Pebble". Lots of builders do their own and call it something similiar but it's not Pebble Tec, i.e. Pebble Radiance. I'm not saying it is no good, but just know what you are getting.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Best to check the website for installers. Many builders may offer Pebble Tec, but they will sub out the work to one of the installers ... and add a markup. Might be cheaper to talk to the installers ... That is what I did when we refinished our pool.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.