Need help with Kreepy Kruiser

Feb 12, 2013
Hi, I'm a newbie. I just replaced the vacuum seal on my Kreepy Kruiser and it isn't working properly. At times it won't move at all and when it does the front is down and the back is up in the air. I have tried increasing and decreasing the flow, adding a weight, etc. and nothing works. I put my old worn out vacuum seal on and it moves fine with that but I have it holding on with garden twine. Pentair told me to throw the new vacuum seal in the water and if it sinks it is too heavy and therefore defective but Pinch-A-Penny where I bought the vacuum seal says that all vacuum seals will sink. Moreover, all the ones they are selling are the same (original part number K1243). Pentair technical support hasn't been any help at all. This Kreepy Kruiser replaced a Barracuda; I had alot of problems with the diaphram on the Barracuda going out constantly due to alot of leaf debris in my pool so I bought the Kreepy. I have had the Kreepy only about a year and don't want to buy a new system but I cannot get it to work with the original replacement part; it is almost as if the vacuum seal is too heavy and the system can't move. Any ideas? Many thanks for any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.